Can't use forgot/reset password feature of Android App

• I appear to have forgotten my password in the My Cozyla app. It does not appear that it is tied in any way to the account on this website as I can clearly login here.

Attempting to use the forgot password feature triggers an obvious bug in the app.

• Still broken App version 1.1.20240130

• Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out about the difficulties you're encountering with the password reset feature in the My Cozyla app. We're here to help clarify the situation and assist you in gaining access to your app account.

1. Separate Account Systems: The My Cozyla app and the Cozyla website currently operate with independent account systems. This means your app login details are not automatically synchronized with your website credentials.

2. Third-Party Login: It's possible your My Cozyla app account is linked through a third-party service like Google or iCloud, rather than a direct Cozyla ID. This is a common scenario for users who chose a more convenient login option when initially setting up their app account.

Solution: To access your account in the My Cozyla app, please try logging in using the third-party login option that corresponds with the service you might have used originally (e.g., Google or iCloud icon). This should bypass the need for a password related to the Cozyla system directly.

We apologize for any inconvenience the bug in the forgot password feature may have caused. Our team is aware of this issue and is working diligently to resolve it to improve the user experience. In the meantime, using the third-party login should provide a seamless way to access your account.

If you encounter any further issues or have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. We're here to ensure you have the best experience with the My Cozyla app.

Best regards,

The Cozyla Support Team

• FYI - I did also try the third party login and it just went to a new blank account. Either way, its not telling me that I don't have an account under the email I am trying (the error it would give for that is "Email not exist" -- instead it is display an error message that is clearly a bug where a format string with %s in it has no corresponding arguments being passed to it.

• Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for reporting this issue and for your patience as we worked towards a resolution. 

Our development team has addressed this in the latest app release, implementing a solution that should resolve the error you encountered. We recommend updating your Cozyla app to the newest version to see if this resolves the issue for you.

If, after updating, you're still facing the same or any other issues, please don't hesitate to reach out for direct support. You can send an email to help@cozyla.com with your account name and the serial number (SN) of your device. This information will help our support team to quickly identify your account and provide a more personalized assistance.

Again, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our products and services. We're committed to ensuring a smooth and enjoyable experience with Cozyla products, and we're here to help in any way we can.